We’ve been in some dark places over the last 2 years. I believe the Lord has allowed it so that we will see our need for Him. There are some things that are going to break. There are things that are going to collapse. In a vision, I saw a fault line and God has put it there for a purpose. This fault line will begin to crack and break and the things that do not align with His character and His truth will begin to collapse. Make no mistake. There is a fault line and you do not want to be on the wrong side of it, because you will also break and collapse if you are not on the right side.
These are the days that apathy cannot be our default. God wants to do a powerful and miraculous work in His people. Be obedient and be used in this capacity in your every day life. Forget the platform! You don’t know the impact you can make on every single person that you come in contact with if you are intentional about hearing from God and what He wants you to say and do in your every day life. Live for that… The place where God resides in your life. He’s not asking you to do signs, wonders and miracles every time you come in contact with someone. He’s asking all of us to plant seeds so that He can water them. He may not allow us to see the fruit of it. Do it anyway! Be ready. Spend time in His presence. You cannot go into this battle without preparing and meeting with Him first. He is the king and He will give you your assignment and He will give you the Full armor:
Ephesians 6:10-17 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness arrayed, and with your feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- Stand your ground/stand firm. – Be confident in knowing, that not only do you have all the elements you need from God, but you have attached them, put them on and made them a part of you… your body, mind, soul and spirit. You will stand firm because you will be on the right side of the fault line.
- Belt of truth. – This is what God says about everything. It is the undeniable foundational truth, character and will of God, our creator. The belt holds it all up! Everything else is attached to it. EVERYTHING!
- Breast plate of righteousness. – Yes, you get this when you accept and believe in the salvation of Christ. It is a journey and we are called as Christ followers to seek righteousness, seek holiness and be separated and set apart from the world. It is the biggest part of the armor! It’s that important! It covers your heart! This world, it’s hurt, pain and pleasures will make your heart stray. Protect it! Proverbs 4:23 says “Guard your heart, for from it flows the springs of life.”
- Feet covered with the gospel of Peace. – Wherever you go, pray to be prepared with the good news of of peace, which literally in the Greek translation means “wholeness”! That’s what the gospel of Christ does. It brings wholeness to every anemic, sick and broken area! 2 Timothy 4:2 says “preach the word; be ready in season and out of season…” Get it in your heart. What’s in your heart will come out of your mouth! Speak it, live it and you will be prepared for your Godly move.
- Shield of faith. – This is your guard against the arrows that, without a doubt will be launched at you. They are directly from Satan and they are fiery and have great power against you without your faith in the Lord. Faith is simply trust in God. Trust that He is in control and is taking care of EVERYTHING! When you trust Him and His word, the flaming arrows are extinguished! It puts things into perspective and puts the weight on His shoulders and not your own. You can’t just put it on and forget about it. You have to hold it. I think it’s interesting that the term “hold onto your faith” is so appropriate for this scripture. Hold the shield! Don’t put it down! It’s your choice to carry it with you wherever you go!
- Helmet of salvation. – This is your wisdom that God gives you when you accept Christ. It is no mistake that this is what goes on your head. It is your “what” to do. It is the protection over your mind to make wise choices according to the parameters of the righteousness you were given through salvation. The choices you make start in your mind. Align them the wisdom of your salvation.
- Sword of the Spirit. – This is the word of God. It is the truth that the spirit of God speaks to you when you read it. This is your weapon. It yields power and is able to defend and destroy. It is quick, active and sharp. It isn’t something you wear like a piece of clothing to adorn yourself. It is something you pick up and use. How can you use the weapon of the word of God if you never pick it up? It is weighty and it requires training and discipline, but it is worth every battle you win with it! Hebrews 4:12 says “For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, even penetrating as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” The word of God literally separates your emotions and your spirit! It will never lead you into a lie like emotions do. It actively fights for truth in your heart!